Wednesday, October 18, 2006
What Do I Want?
1) How do I want to live my life? What do I need to do to be satisfied?
2) What gender expression or role fits for me? How can I tell if my preferred role fits and is the most livable role for me?
3) What are some safe ways to test or explore my preferred gender?
4) Do I want to change my gender role, or can I be happy as a cross dresser (part-time gender role changer), or as a fantasizer?
5) What occupation(s) might enable me to support myself and finance the costs of changing gender roles? Can I change gender expression or role on my present job? How will I support myself if my present job doesn't work out?
6) Do I want to change hormones? What are the pros and cons of hormone therapy?
7) Will my sexuality change as I change, that is, will I be attracted to women, men, both, or neither? Am I mainly attracted to transgender persons?
8) How do I explain my changes to my family and friends? Where can I gain social support?
9) What if changing gender roles doesn't work. Can I go back to where I was before?
10) Do I need to have genital surgery to feel complete? What are the pros and cons of genital reconstruction?
11) Are there some less complicated or less risky ways to deal with my gender issues?
12) How will I know if changing gender expression or role works for me? How do I measure my progress?